Software as a service is a constantly evolving field. With the changes brought about by 2020, SaaS marketing has shifted into new trends and territory that all marketers should keep in mind.
As businesses transition to remote work options and processes of all kinds are flipped on their heads, SaaS marketing now requires personalization and specificity powered by artificial intelligence. These tools offer businesses the kind of flexibility and adaptability they need to survive the pandemic economy.
SaaS marketing for 2021 and beyond is in a state of great change fueled by big data and AI technology. For continued success, marketers must study and embrace these trends.
Here are some of these aforementioned trends that are revolutionizing the SaaS marketing field:
Personalization and Specificity
Today’s SaaS trends revolve around specific functionality businesses can offer their customers. The level of customization now popular in software adapts to user needs in any situation; an invaluable feature of the pandemic marketplace.
Big data and artificial intelligence are necessary components of such adaptations. With the ability to analyze user needs, challenges, and success metrics, SaaS marketers can craft content marketing approaches that adhere to the goals of their consumer base.
Additionally, tools like chatbots offer greater levels of response than ever before. The result is a SaaS approach that puts the customer interaction at the forefront. With customer needs defining a SaaS experience, marketers can offer the following game-changing features:
- Software packages crafted to fit the needs of individual teams
- Unbundled software components that allow businesses to pick and choose for greater flexibility
- Flexible pricing strategies
- Uncompromised client communication
The needs of every team you work with will vary. Having the data and flexibility to craft different offerings for your subscribers will help ensure continued business and higher conversion rates. Meanwhile, the communication benefits allow SaaS companies to become industry leaders as they navigate generational differences in the marketplace; applying strategies where they are needed to match value structures.
However, applying these benefits will require understanding the use and functions of artificial intelligence processes.
The Power of AI
AI is one of the top technology trends impacting the SaaS marketplace. 73% of companies report a shift to mostly cloud-based software platforms by the end of the year, and with such a widespread shift to cloud services comes further innovations in technology.
AI is powering these innovations, offering unprecedented levels of client customization. Here’s how:
- Personalizing client offerings. AI offers the ability to craft and automate marketing messages based on all kinds of client demographics. Data collection will serve this endeavor, with everything from user industry to age demographics coming into play for a truly personalized advertisement or product recommendation.
A smart marketing platform will employ this data to assess what customers want and need so that you can segment your audience according to these needs. Then, automation will help you reach your clients with messages that appeal to them specifically.
- Retargeting customers. The modern consumer is exposed to an estimated 5,000 ads per day. Amid that noise, keeping your client’s attention can be difficult. Luckily, AI analytics in SaaS marketing can help.
By understanding how your audience engages with your content through metrics, you can better craft redirection strategies that offer new and exciting products. If a user spends time on your site but doesn’t interact with your product recommendations, for example, an AI system can track that engagement and reshuffle offerings for a new strategy.
- Managing communications. Chatbots are emerging as a wildly popular method of engaging with customers and providing a superior experience. These tools can cut operational costs by as much as 30% and offer the ability to meet customer needs almost instantly.
Advancements in AI natural language processing have allowed chatbots to thrive. For SaaS marketing, they can assist in answering user queries and work to increase conversion rates.
With these features changing the state of SaaS marketing for 2020 and beyond, software-as-a-service providers need to be at the forefront of client customization options. This means service models designed to suit all types of business needs, crafted in divisible pieces that can be recombined in any number of ways. AI gives the industry the tools to make this possible.
Through data and analysis, SaaS marketers have the fuel needed to power AI solutions to the changing expectations for software customization. Integrate data strategies now to expound on the power of AI in SaaS.
A Data-Driven Marketplace
The trend of SaaS marketing increasingly encompasses collected data and applied smart software to bring in segmented and personalized content for subscribers. Success means catering to a diversity of needs, and data-driven AI can get you there.
From employing chatbots that understand client queries to determining the most-used features for certain demographics, the SaaS marketplace is driven by the use of data technology. Integrate this technology into your software service and do your best to avoid common marketing mistakes when crafting your personalized strategy. These mistakes include not utilizing content and automated marketing.
Ultimately, clients are looking for highly customized experiences. The best way to create these experiences is with the right technology. AI can help.
The original version of this article was first published on V3Broadsuite.
- Prioritizing Humans in Your SEO Strategy - June 3, 2021
- The State of SaaS Marketing in 2021 - January 13, 2021
- 6 Ways to be Indispensible in Your Marketing Position - April 6, 2020